Dye Migration, the Screenprinter’s Nemesis. Part 3. Silicone as a Partial Solution

The previous two posts were about how to test for dye migration, the scourge of screenprinters everywhere. There is a quick test using a heat press and some plasticizer, and then a medium length test of putting a printed shirt on your dryer, and then there is the real world test of letting the shirt sit around for a week or two or three. So
Continue reading…

Dye Migration, the Screenprinter’s Nemesis. Part 2

Yesterday I wrote about the problems we are all seeing with dye migration, the dye of the shirts going into the ink we print on all the myriad of types of fabric that we now have to print on. The post gave instructions for a test using plasticizer and a heat press. Further testing is perhaps required. 1. To accelerate the dye migration process, put
Continue reading…

Badass Foil

We have spent  years experimenting with foil on shirts. Rather I should say that we produced actual jobs with different foil applications and always achieved great results. However, in almost every instance we had to do a lot of “tinkering” to get those good results. I finally feel we have dialed in on a very simple process which delivers awesome and consistent results.  Here it is: –  We now use a water-based foil adhesive and print
Continue reading…